You might be thinking “Of course you would prioritize feeling good on Fridays. It’s the beginning of the weekend!” but that actually isn’t it. Friday is not even my favorite day of the week (Thursday is! I sometimes wonder if that is because that was the day I was born but that is a story for another day) but there is just something about a Friday that inspires me to wake up, look and feel really good about myself. Since it is mental health awareness week, I thought to share this feel good spirit.
Ideally, I would love to feel good on every other day of the week but life does not work like that. However, no matter how good or bad life may be I believe that it is important to have a day where you show up, put on one of your best outfits and perfumes and give the world your best version! For me, that day is Friday.
Mental Health Awareness Week is a reminder to us all that our mental health is just as important as our physical health. Sometimes, in our busy lives, we forget to take a moment to look after ourselves, which can have a detrimental effect on our overall wellbeing. Today, I want to inspire you to take a day to feel good and prioritize your mental health.
Looking and feeling good can mean different things to different people. For some, it might mean indulging in a spa day or treating themselves to a new outfit. For others, it might mean spending time in nature, exercising, or taking a day off work to relax. Whatever it is that makes you feel good, it’s important to prioritize it in your life.
Why is it important to prioritize looking and feeling good? Well, when we feel good, we are more productive, creative, and resilient. We have more energy to tackle the challenges of everyday life and are better equipped to handle stress and adversity. Taking care of ourselves can also have a positive impact on our relationships, as we are more present, patient, and understanding with those around us.
Today might not be that day for you, but here are a few ideas to practice feeling good:
- Take a mental health day: If you’re feeling overwhelmed or stressed, take a day off work to recharge your batteries. Spend the day doing things that make you happy, whether it’s reading a book, going for a walk, or taking a yoga class.
- Treat yourself: Indulge in a little self-care by treating yourself to something that makes you feel good. Whether it’s a massage, a new outfit, or a fancy dinner, do something that makes you feel special.
- Spend time in nature: Spending time in nature has been shown to have a positive impact on mental health. Take a walk in the park, go for a hike, or spend a day at the beach to boost your mood and reduce stress.
- Exercise: Exercise has numerous mental health benefits, including reducing anxiety and depression, boosting self-esteem, and improving cognitive function. Find a form of exercise that you enjoy and make it a regular part of your routine.
- Connect with others: Social support is crucial for mental health. Spend time with friends and family, join a club or group, or volunteer in your community to build meaningful connections with others.
Remember, taking care of your mental health is not a luxury, it’s a necessity. By prioritizing looking and feeling good, you can improve your overall wellbeing and lead a happier, healthier life. So, take a day to feel good and make your mental health a top priority. You deserve it!